PRIMARY SOURCES, Hegel:
- The Difference Between Fichte’s and Schelling’s System of Philosophy by G.F.W. Hegel, trans. Walter Cerf, H.S. Harris
- Phenomenology of Spirit by G.F.W. Hegel, trans. A.V. Miller (1977)
- Science of Logic by G.F.W. Hegel, trans. A.V. Miller, 844pp.
- Hegel’s The Encyclopaedia Logic (Hegel’s Encyclopedia of the Philosophical Sciences) by G.F.W. Hegel, trans. Theodore F. Geraets, W. A. Suchting, H. S. Harris
- Hegel’s Philosophy of Nature: Encyclopaedia of the Philosophical Sciences (1830), Part II (Hegel’s Encyclopedia of the Philosophical Sciences) by G.F.W. Hegel, trans. A.V. Miller
- Hegel: Philosophy of Mind (Hegel’s Encyclopedia of the Philosophical Sciences) by G.F.W. Hegel, trans. A.V. Miller and William Wallace
- Hegel: A Biography by Terry Pinkard, 766pp.
- Hegel by Charles Taylor, 577pp.
- Introduction to the Reading of Hegel: Lectures on the Phenomenology of Spirit by Alexandre KojÃ¨ve, 287pp.
- The Cambridge Companion to Hegel edited by Frederick C. Beiser, 528pp.
- Subjects of Desire: Hegelian Reflections on 20th Century France by Judith Butler, 268pp.
- Hegel’s Dialectic: Five Hermeneutical Studies by Hans-Georg Gadamer, 118pp.
- Hegel’s Dialectic: Five Hermeneutical Studies by Jean Hyppolite, 202pp.
- The Philosophy of Hegel: An Introduction and Re-examination. by J.N. Findlay, 382pp.
- Hegel’s Concept of God by Quentin Lauer, 339pp.
- Hegel’s Idea of Philosophy by Quentin Lauer, 159pp.
- Hegel by Raymond Plant
- Hegel Contra Sociology by Gillian Rose
PRIMARY SOURCES, Kierkegaard:
- The Concept of Irony:With Continual Reference to Socrates by Soren Kierkegaard
- Fear and Trembling / Repetition by Johannes de Silentio, Constantin Constantius (author of the first half of Repetition), Young Man (author of the second half of Repetition)
- The Sickness Unto Death: A Christian Psychological Exposition For Upbuilding And Awakening by Anti-Climacus
- Philosophical Fragments by Johannes Climacus
- Concluding Unscientific Postscript to Philosophical Fragments by Johannes Climacus
- Practice in Christianity by Anti-Climacus
- The Concept of Anxiety by Vigilius Haufniensis
Secondary sources on Kierkegaard:
- The Cambridge Companion to Kierkegaard edited by Alastair Hannay, Gordon Daniel Marino
- Soren Kierkegaard: A Biography by Joakim Garff
- Kierkegaard and Socrates: A Study in Philosophy and Faith by Jacob Howland
- Between Irony And Witness: Kierkegaard’s Poetics of Faith, Hope, And Love by Joel D. S. Rasmussen
- Hegel and His Critics: Philosophy in the Aftermath of Hegel (Suny Series in Hegelian Studies) edited by William Desmond
- Kierkegaard: a collection of critical essays edited by Josiah Thompson
- Kierkegaard as Theologian: The Dialectic of Chistian Existence by Louis DuprÃ©
- Paradox in Christian Theology: An Analysis of Its Presence, Character, and Epistemic Status by James Anderson
- Ironies of Faith: The Laughter at the Heart of Christian Literature by Anthony Esolen
- Paradoxes (2nd ed.) by R. M. Sainsbury
- Beyond the Limits of Thought by Graham Priest
CONCEPTS, on G.F.W. Hegel, recommendations by Conor Cunningham:
- The Future of Hegel: Plasticity, Temporality and Dialectic by Catherine Malabou
- In Contradiction: A Study of the Transconsistent by Graham Priest
- Contradiction in Motion: Hegel’s Organic Concept of Life and Value by Songsuk Susan Hahn
- Kierkegaard’s Relations to Hegel Reconsidered (Modern European Philosophy) by Jon Stewart
- Hegel’s Systematic Contingency by John W. Burbidge
- Identity and Difference: Studies in Hegel’s Logic, Philosophy of Spirit, and Politics by Philip T. Grier
- Death and Desire in Hegel, Heidegger and Deleuze by Brent Adkins
- Logic of Desire: An Introduction to Hegels Phenomenology of Spirit by Peter Kalkavage